This is a very exciting time for the Sound of Brownsburg Marching Band! While the band program has been strong for quite some time, recently the band has set even higher goals and is working very hard to achieve them.
This band of more than 200 students competes in Indiana State School Music Association (ISSMA) and Bands of America (BOA) events, entertains at high school football games, performs annually in the Brownsburg Lions Club 4th of July Extravaganza Parade and the American Legion Memorial Day Service, and has made numerous appearances in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade and at Disney World.
Recent honors include:
- 2016 ISSMA State Finalist – 7th place, first trip to the finals since 2002, and first time ever advancing to the finals as a Class A band
- 2016 Bands of America Super Regional Finalist – 11th place, and one of only 14 finalist bands out of 50+
- 2017 ISSMA State Finalist – 8th place
- 2016 and 2018 Best Communities for Music – Brownsburg Schools awarded this honor by the National Association of Music Merchants
- 2018 Bands of America Bowling Green, OH Regional – 2nd place
- 2018 Bands of America Super Regional Finalist – 11th place, and one of only 14 finalist bands out of 70+
- 2020 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade – One of nine bands selected to march in the 2020 parade
2019 Sound of Brownsburg Marching Invitational
September 14, 2019
Each fall, Roark Stadium at Brownsburg High School hosts some of the best marching bands from all over Indiana. The full day competition features amazing performances and a top level judging panel from around the country. With the growth of the Sound of Brownsburg Marching Band on the national stage, our invitational has begun to garner attention from around the Midwest. The 2019 invitational will take place on September 14 and will be our 17th annual event.
In 2018, we were host to 28 marching bands. We saw over 2,500 performers and 4,000 spectators visit our community. It was an amazing display of dedication, skill, and passion from these students.
Ticket prices are $8 for adults, $5 for students and seniors.
- Darrin Davis – Broken Arrow, OK
- Richard Saucedo – Carmel, IN
- Levi Chavis – Dallas, TX
- Zach Schlicher – Indianapolis, IN
- Michael Gray – Charleston, SC
- Robert Solomon – Los Angeles, CA
- Ralph Stewart – Charlotte, NC