This is a very exciting time for the Sound of Brownsburg Marching Band! While the band program has been strong for quite some time, recently the band has set even higher goals and is working very hard to achieve them.
This band of more than 200 students competes in Indiana State School Music Association (ISSMA) and Bands of America (BOA) events, entertains at high school football games, performs annually in the Brownsburg Lions Club 4th of July Extravaganza Parade and the American Legion Memorial Day Service, and has made numerous appearances in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade and at Disney World.
Recent honors include:
- 2016 ISSMA State Finalist – 7th place, first trip to the finals since 2002, and first time ever advancing to the finals as a Class A band
- 2016 Bands of America Indianapolis Super Regional Finalist – 11th place, and one of only 14 finalist bands out of 50+
- 2017 ISSMA State Finalist – 8th place
- 2016 and 2018 Best Communities for Music – Brownsburg Schools awarded this honor by the National Association of Music Merchants
- 2018 Bands of America Bowling Green, OH Regional – 2nd place
- 2018 Bands of America Indianapolis Super Regional Finalist – 11th place, and one of only 14 finalist bands out of 70+
- 2019 Bands of America Orlando Regional Finalist – 9th place, and one of only 10 finalist bands out of 20+
- 2019 Bands of America Indianapolis Super Regional Finalist – 13th place, and one of only 14 finalist bands out of 80+
- 2019 ISSMA Open Class A State Finalist – 5th place, our highest placement ever
- 2019 Bands of America Grand National Championships Semi-Finalist – One of 38 semi-finalist bands out of 91. Based on the semi-finals scores, we placed 18th out of the 91 bands. This is an incredible achievement given the number of outstanding bands at this event.
- 2020 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade – One of nine bands selected to march in the 2020 parade. Due to the 2020 parade being cancelled, the band will march in the 2021 parade.
2020 Sound of Brownsburg Marching Invitational
September 12, 2020
This year’s invitational will be an independent non-competitive event. The focus of this event is to provide students and staffs a safe environment to showcase their 2020 production.